Pioneer Valley Live Steamers
Fathers Day Steam Up 2006
On 17 June 2006 the wife, the boys and I headed up to Southwick MA to visit the Pioneer Valley Steam Up. It was a cloudy, showery day but most everyone seemed to be having a good time despite the uncertain weather. I took the usual bunch of pictures and have posted them here.
Since I know nothing about steam locomotives anyone is free to contribute information about any of these pictures. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 2. These photos taken from the pedestrian overpass
3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. Here is a 2X version of one of Kozo's engines
9. This is the storage shed. I am sure that there is a more proper name for this.
12. A view of the smaller gage trackage and some of the many camper units on the grounds.
13. Hydraulic hoist for transferring locos from trucks, trailers and pick ups to track level
14. The Pioneer Valley Live Steamers logo sign
15. 16. 17.
18. Don't recall this fellows name but he said "take my picture" so I did. We had a nice chat and I hope he sees himself here and lets me know his name.
21. This loco is huddled under a tarp waiting for the sky to clear.
22. NEMES member Dave Bono, his wife Romaine and their grand daughters.
Return to NEMES homepage