The Francis Farm Cracker Grinder Restoration Project
The Francis Farm has been hosting Clambakes for over 100 years. Ken Foley, who is the current owner of Francis Farm as well as being related to the founding family is planning to establish a museum on the grounds which will highlight the history of Clambakes in the area as well as all over New England. He would like to restore the P Bowsher #7 Cracker Grinder which was patented on Sept 20, 1887 to be included in the museum. Ken would like to hear from anyone who might like to become a part of this restoration project. He can be reached at 508 328-0028. Take a look at their web site: www.francisfarm.net to get more information. The following pictures are of the cracker grinder in the barn where it has been stored for many years awaiting restoration!
Return to NEMES homepage